Look What the Easter Bunny Brought Carter…

….among other things. Around noon we took Carter to the ER because he had a terrible headache, couldn’t look up and started throwing up. It’s 6 now and we have come to find out that he has a raging infection. They have it off to the labs to decide how to treat. The infection is probably just a symptom though of something else going on. He and I are staying overnight in the observation unit of the ER. They will run more tests in the am to determine the possible causes. I will update when I know more.

He goes from feeling fine to feeling sick pretty quickly so it is easiest for me to just update the blog rather than take phone calls.

In light of this I won’t be posting for PR Monday tomorrow nor will I be holding the PR Monday Chat planned for tomorrow night. I am sure you all understand.

Update 1: It’s about midnight. They ran one round of IV antibiotics through. He seems to be feeling much better. He is keeping food down. Going to try to get some sleep if the crying baby in the next room would kindly cooperate. Lot’s of tests in the AM.

Update 2: It’s 7am. Carter and I were able to sleep for about 5 hours. I had the pleasure of sleeping on something that resembled a 4*4 piece of plywood covered in plastic. I thought the beds in the rooms were bad. This is like an ancient torture board. But, remembering many nights in Phoenix sleeping in a ER room with 4 other families and a plastic chair, I am grateful for the private room with a plywood bed. He woke up happy and feeling good. The neurosurgeon resident just said that they don’t feel he is in any immediate danger. We need to wait and see the NS when he comes in to find out what tests we are going to run to find out what caused this.

Update 3: We are home. No definitive cause on the infection. He has some heavy duty antibiotics for the next few weeks. Hopefully that will kill the bugs and get everything back to normal.

I am exhausted so I think I will check out for a little. I expect that he will get sick from the antibiotics. I know that last time when he had a staph infection those pills made him sicker than the infection.

Thanks to all for your comments. Love ya!

Comments

1. Melissa says:

Sending up prayers right now. Hoe you get some answers and some sleep
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Savior =-.

2. Dawn Graham says:

Good luck and hopefully they will be able to treat it easily.

3. Complicatedmama says:

Oh no! I hope Carter feels better ASAP!

I'll be checking back for updates.

My recent post It’s time once again to play: “What’s in your tot’s purse?”

4. Im so sorry Carter is having a bad time (you guys too) I know it can be so stressful!! Ill be keeping you all in my prayers =) XoXo TTYS

5. Take care! I'm so sorry to hear that Carter is sick. I hope he has a fast recovery. Please let me know if you need anything.
    My recent post Good Morning Mourning

6. THERESA BERNTSON says:

LOVE THE CHICK STORY SEE HE IS GROWING UP SORRY MISSED HIS CALL (SHOWER) MY BOYS ARE SO GROWN UP WILL CALL AFTER WORK LOVE YOU HAPPY EASTER( DID YOU FIND ANY EGGS )

7. Thinking about Carter!

8. How long do you anticipate you'll be staying, Barb? I have a twin air mattress (an Aerobed, the self-inflating kind) I could bring over to you so you don't have to suffer!
    My recent post Yo Gabba Gabba at the White House!

9. Awww… poor fella. I hope he continues to improve and that the Drs can figure out what caused the infection! Feel better, Carter!
    My recent post Alphabet Soft Pretzels: Yummy Preschool Snack & Activity

10. Barb,

praying that he gets well soon, and that you can both go home soon.

Jenny in Ca (HenJen)
    My recent post Hens love sunflower seeds

11. Thoughts are with. Please call/text if you need ANYTHING. I'll be checking back often to check on Carter.
    My recent post Hallmark's Kid's Collection

12. Amy and family says:

Love and hugs!!! Healing vibes your way!

13. THERESA BERNTSON says:

SO SORRY THAT YOU DIDN'T GET TO LOOK FOR EGGS SO I LOOKED HERE IN AZ. COULDN'T FIND ONE GUESS HE HOPPED OVER MY YARD.